- All players and officials taking part in the competition must be members of England Netball.
- All clubs must nominate a squad for each of their teams for the season and submit this before the start of their matches. A minimum of 7 players must be named on every squad. There is no maximum number.
- Any player not named at the start of the competition who subsequently plays will be assumed to belong to the lowest team of that club unless otherwise advised.
- ‘New’ players may be added to squads throughout the season. A ‘new’ player is one who hasn’t taken the court for any team in the current competition.
- Within a Club, players are allowed to play up to a higher team but not play down. See the current League Rules for the exact details of numbers and times players can play up and the process for being permanently reassigned to a higher team.
- If exceptional circumstances arise clubs may make applications to the Competition Referee for players to be re-allocated to lower squads. The Competition Referee will consider the circumstances and agree or refuse the request.
Process for Nominations:
Before the first match of your Club (not team!) the Club must email to the Competition Group a list of all the members, of every squad in their club, playing in the competition. Lists must show full names (as they appear on Engage) and highlight any second claim players and any under age players. Emails should be sent to email@example.com.
Second Claim players - The first claim club of the second claim player should be added after the player name in brackets. Second claim players will incur a £10 fee and this fee should be paid asap after the nomination list is submitted. Fees should be paid by BACS to the County Account. Note that this fee covers that player, to play for that Club for the full season, not just the one competition.
Each Club may name 2 ‘pay when play’ players – these are players who may be called upon to play during the course of the season and at such time as they take the court, payment must be made.
Players under the age of 14 with permission to play from the County Performance Coach. Players who fall into this category should be highlighted on your nomination list. The Performance Coach will be asked to verify that permission has been given. Note that these players may only be one year under age.